Medication Error Attorneys Serving the Portland-Vancouver and SW Washington Area
At Jane Clark Legal, our experienced medication error attorneys have been successfully handling cases related to medication errors for over 35 years. If you or a loved one have suffered harm or loss due to a medication error in hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes, or pharmacies, we are here to help you seek justice.
Medication errors can have devastating consequences, resulting in permanent injuries or even fatalities. Our dedicated team of medical malpractice attorneys is well-versed in the complexities of these cases and will guide you through the legal process with compassion and expertise.
Examples of Medication Errors
Our attorneys handle a wide range of matters related to injuries caused by medication errors, including:
- Prescription Errors: These occur when a healthcare provider prescribes the wrong medication, the wrong dosage, or fails to consider a patient’s allergies or potential drug interactions. For example, a doctor may prescribe a medication that the patient is allergic to, resulting in an adverse reaction.
- Dosing or Dispensing Errors: These errors occur in pharmacies or healthcare facilities when the wrong medication or incorrect dosage is provided to the patient. For instance, a pharmacist may mistakenly give a patient a medication with a similar name but different purpose, resulting in the patient taking the wrong drug.
- Administration Errors: These errors occur when healthcare professionals administer medication incorrectly. For example, a nurse may administer the wrong dosage or fail to follow proper administration techniques, leading to an overdose or inadequate treatment.
- Wrong Medication Errors: In egregious cases, medical staff may even administer the completely wrong medication because they are not being careful or violating hospital or clinic protocols for administering medications.
- Documentation Errors: These errors involve mistakes in recording or documenting medication information. For instance, if a nurse fails to document that a medication was given, it could lead to a patient receiving an incorrect dose or the same medication being administered multiple times.
- Communication Errors: These errors occur when there is a breakdown in communication between healthcare providers regarding medication orders or patient information. For example, if a doctor fails to communicate a change in medication to the nursing staff, the patient may receive the wrong medication.
- Failure to Monitor: This type of error happens when healthcare providers fail to monitor a patient’s response to medication or overlook potential side effects. For instance, if a patient develops severe adverse reactions to a medication, but the healthcare provider fails to recognize the signs, it can lead to serious harm.
Experienced Medication Error Lawyers: Your Path to Compensation and Closure
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in Oregon or Washington due to a medication error committed by a medical professional, contact the attorneys at Jane Clark Legal. We are here to assist you in seeking justice and compensation for the harm you have endured.
As your dedicated legal team, our objective is to demonstrate, with the support of expert testimony, that the medication error in question fell below the accepted standard of care and that this mistake was likely the cause of the resulting injury or death. We handle all aspects of medication error claims, diligently collecting necessary evidence, preparing and filing required documentation, and advocating on your behalf during settlement negotiations or trial proceedings.
Our mission is to help you recover comprehensive compensation for the losses you have suffered. This includes the costs of medical treatment, lost wages, and income. Furthermore, we recognize the profound impact of medical malpractice on your quality of life, and we will work tirelessly to secure compensation for your pain, suffering, disability, and loss of enjoyment of life. In cases involving the tragic loss of a loved one, we will seek compensation for your grief, as well as any expenses or financial losses resulting from their death, such as their anticipated wages and the value of the services they provided to the family.
No Fee Unless You Win
We deliberately limit the number of cases we handle to ensure that we can provide the utmost attention and resources to every aspect of your claim. This allows us to dedicate ample time, energy, and resources to achieving the best possible outcome for you.
At Jane Clark Legal, we understand the financial strain that often accompanies pursuing a medical malpractice claim. Therefore, we offer our services on a contingency basis. This means that you will only be charged attorney fees if we successfully recover compensation for your losses.
Take Action Today!
Don’t wait to assert your rights and seek the justice you deserve. Contact our experienced medication error attorneys today to schedule a free evaluation and begin the process of holding those responsible accountable for their actions.
"Inside the courtroom, her only thoughts are about winning the case for her client."Rick and Terri Closson
"Her efforts resulted in a settlement that far exceeded our expectations..."Gail Burns
"After my family and I met you, we knew we were in good hands..."The Sauter Family
"...excellent legal representation and secured a favorable outcome."Forrest A. Jenkins
"After working with Ms. Clark, I have a new standard for legal support."Mary N.
"If you ever need this type of legal service, I highly recommend Jane Clark and her team."Louis
"She settled our case with the best possible outcome."Jill and Erin Lynch
"...we were awarded a multi-million dollar judgment following a trial."Dan Williamson
"I cannot thank you enough for your work on this case."Claudia Morris
"Jane Clark has restored my trust and belief in attorneys and our legal system."Laura M.
"...they were able to explain the process in a way that was easy to understand..."J. Rather
"She is a true advocate that is experienced and well versed in the legal system."Susan Schindler
"Working with Jane Clark was an absolute pleasure."Alicia
"I can't put into words how comforting it was knowing I had her and her vast ensemble of experts and staff in my corner."J. Roberts
"My wife and I cannot thank Jane and her staff enough for their intervention and assistance."Pat
"Jane Clark is a professional who understands how to get the best possible outcome for us."Wayne and Margaret
"We were blessed with a unique, efficient, dynamic, intelligent, and diligent team. "Ivette & Rafael
It's All We Do
Our law practice is focused solely on representing victims of medical negligence.Our Experience
No Fee Unless You Win
We work on a contingency basis and are not paid unless, and until, you are compensated.Learn More
Free Case Evaluation
We offer free medical malpractice case evaluations. To get started, complete our Free Case Evaluation form today!Free Evaluation