Infection and Sepsis Attorneys Serving the Portland-Vancouver and SW Washington Area
At Jane Clark Legal, our attorneys have over 35 years of expertise in handling medical malpractice cases related to infections and sepsis. We understand the complexities involved when patients suffer injuries due to medical negligence in managing infections. Our experienced infection and sepsis attorneys prioritize delivering justice to our clients by seeking compensation for their losses. If you or your family member has been a victim of medical malpractice involving infection or sepsis in Oregon or Washington, our dedicated attorneys are here to help.
Medical malpractice cases regarding infections often occur when healthcare professionals fail to diagnose infections early or neglect proper infection control protocols. These instances result in preventable infections or the exacerbation of existing ones, sometimes leading to sepsis or even death.
Expertise in Infections, Compassion for Victims: Your Dedicated Sepsis Attorneys
Our sepsis attorneys specialize in handling various types of medical malpractice cases related to infections, some of which include:
- Failure to provide antibiotics when an infection is likely: Sometimes bacterial infections can and should be anticipated. For example, an infection is likely following gastrointestinal surgeries when the bowel or colon is perforated. Or a patient may develop bacterial pneumonia if they have had a respiratory illness for a period of time. It is important that antibiotics be provided under these circumstances in order to control and ideally cure the infection.
- Hospital-acquired infections: Patients may acquire infections while receiving treatment in a healthcare facility due to inadequate sanitation, improper sterilization of equipment, or failure to follow hand hygiene protocols. Examples include surgical site infections, urinary tract infections, or bloodstream infections.
- Failure to diagnose or treat infections: Medical malpractice can occur if healthcare professionals fail to promptly diagnose or appropriately treat infections, leading to complications and worsened health conditions. For instance, failing to diagnose or treat a bacterial infection like pneumonia or an epidural abscess can have serious consequences for the patient.
- Sepsis cases: Sepsis is a potentially life-threatening condition that occurs when the body’s response to infection causes widespread inflammation, leading to organ damage or failure. Medical malpractice cases involving sepsis often arise from healthcare providers failing to recognize or appropriately manage sepsis in a timely manner. For example, overlooking signs like elevated heart rate, fever, low blood pressure, or altered mental status could contribute to a delayed sepsis diagnosis.
- Improper wound care: After surgical procedures or injuries, appropriate wound care is crucial to prevent infections. If healthcare professionals fail to provide proper wound care instructions, fail to monitor wounds for signs of infection, or provide inadequate treatment, it can result in infections and associated complications.
- Inadequate sterilization of medical equipment: Healthcare professionals have a responsibility to ensure that medical equipment, such as surgical instruments or endoscopes, is properly sterilized. Failure to follow appropriate sterilization procedures can lead to infections, particularly in invasive procedures.
Attorneys Serving Portland-Vancouver and SW Washington
If you or a member of your family has suffered because of medical malpractice involving an infection or sepsis in Oregon or Washington, contact our attorneys at Jane Clark Legal.
Our role as your attorneys is to show, through expert testimony, that the treatment in question by the medical professional was below the standard of care, and that the mistake likely caused the injury or death.
We handle all matters involving medical malpractice claims related to infections or sepsis, gathering all necessary evidence, preparing and filing all required documentation, and acting as your voice in settlement efforts or at trial. We will help you recover compensation for all your losses, from wages and income to the costs of medical treatment and, of course and most importantly, for your pain, suffering, disability, and loss of enjoyment of life resulting from the medical malpractice. If the malpractice has led to the death of a loved one, we will help you recover compensation for your loss and bereavement and any expenses or financial losses that result from the death, such as the wages the loved one would likely have earned and the value of the services they provided to the family.
Infection and Sepsis Negligence? We Deliver Accountability and Compensation
To ensure personalized attention to each case, we limit the number of cases we undertake. This allows us to dedicate ample time, energy, and resources to every aspect of your claim. Additionally, we handle all medical malpractice claims related to infections or sepsis on a contingency basis. You will only be charged attorney fees if we successfully recover compensation for your losses.
If you are seeking justice for medical malpractice involving infections or sepsis, contact our infection and sepsis attorneys at Jane Clark Legal today.
Take Action Today!
Seeking compensation for infection or sepsis malpractice? Let our experienced attorneys guide you through the legal process. Schedule a free consultation today.
"Working with them was not only a positive experience, but also a reassurance that my legal matters were in capable hands"Rodney R.
"Inside the courtroom, her only thoughts are about winning the case for her client."Rick and Terri Closson
"Her efforts resulted in a settlement that far exceeded our expectations..."Gail Burns
"After my family and I met you, we knew we were in good hands..."The Sauter Family
"...excellent legal representation and secured a favorable outcome."Forrest A. Jenkins
"After working with Ms. Clark, I have a new standard for legal support."Mary N.
"If you ever need this type of legal service, I highly recommend Jane Clark and her team."Louis
"She settled our case with the best possible outcome."Jill and Erin Lynch
"...we were awarded a multi-million dollar judgment following a trial."Dan Williamson
"I cannot thank you enough for your work on this case."Claudia Morris
"Jane Clark has restored my trust and belief in attorneys and our legal system."Laura M.
"...they were able to explain the process in a way that was easy to understand..."J. Rather
"She is a true advocate that is experienced and well versed in the legal system."Susan Schindler
"Working with Jane Clark was an absolute pleasure."Alicia
"I can't put into words how comforting it was knowing I had her and her vast ensemble of experts and staff in my corner."J. Roberts
"My wife and I cannot thank Jane and her staff enough for their intervention and assistance."Pat
"Jane Clark is a professional who understands how to get the best possible outcome for us."Wayne and Margaret
"We were blessed with a unique, efficient, dynamic, intelligent, and diligent team. "Ivette & Rafael
It's All We Do
Our law practice is focused solely on representing victims of medical negligence.Our Experience
No Fee Unless You Win
We work on a contingency basis and are not paid unless, and until, you are compensated.Learn More
Free Case Evaluation
We offer free medical malpractice case evaluations. To get started, complete our Free Case Evaluation form today!Free Evaluation